Monday, July 25, 2011

ponderings

its pioneer day weekend and i've been really free all weekend surprisingly hahaha.
i've really just been doing homework and figuring out plans for vancouver. i just love taking out my yellow sheet of paper and filling in people's names into the timeslots. i think the best one so far is thursday cause i get to take janet and molly, two recent converts i love very very much, to the temple! so special! and then sister gao told me that the YSAs were planning something today in church for when im back. aww. my richmond ysas hold such a special place in my heart.
so, amidst emailing people and what not, i came across these photos again and it just reminded me of that day in richmond when we were in lulu's house and she showed us these gorgeous photos and sister orme told me to get lulu to design one for me hahaha.
i love this one. the sleeves just need to be made modest hahaha.
 these photos were actually taken in lulu's house!
and then this is one of the pictures from the winter photo shoot they did at cypress mountain. i never got to see the pictures when i was still there but omg, so pretty!

ANYWAY, church was really good today! i felt like the lesson in relief society was totally for me! we talked about receiving revelations and i loved the quote that i read about how revelations come to us gradually, just like the sunrise, "Do you recall the slow and almost imperceptible increase in light on the horizon? In contrast to turning on a light in a dark room, the light from the rising sun did not immediately burst forth. Rather, gradually and steadily the intensity of the light increased, and the darkness of night was replaced by the radiance of morning. Eventually, the sun did dawn over the skyline. But the visual evidence of the sun's impending arrival was apparent hours before the sun actually appeared over the horizon. This experience was characterized by subtle and gradual discernment of light."
It was totally perfect esp. since i had planned on spending a lot of time today just pondering. And i just loved what laura said in closing, "the light is always on, the only way not to see it is to close your eyes."
and then we watched "to this end was i born" in gospel doctrine and that's one video that till this day, i still cannot watch. it just hurts me to see Christ suffer like that.
it also brought back a lot of mission memories, particularly the day in chinese relief society when they had sister spjut (kersti) translate the video and she just kinda stood awkwardly beside the tv and did her best because really, the video doesn't have much dialogue and you could really understand whats going on without translations. my favorite part was when she translated, "钉死他, 钉死他!" and had a really awkward expression on her face hahaha. oh how i loved being companions with sister spjut! (and sister song too!)
i just found this random picture taken at tim's place.

and then the rest of my sunday has been really good! had lunch, kim came and chatted with me after and then i went off with dee dee to go visit our girls - jessica and rachael, and it just made me so happy to be able to go visiting teaching with dee dee cause she hasn't had the chance to actually visit teach with a companion the past 2 months and so i could tell that she really appreciated it all and it once again reminded me of times on my mission when i was so grateful to have my companion to teach and testify with me.
so kim and i were talking about this life and how sometimes it really feels like a rollercoaster and thats exactly what happened in the afternoon. i turned on my computer, read something that made me really stressed and sad and so i laid on the couch and talked to sam, while she was trying to nap (haha) and actually even felt a few drops of tears of frustration come out and then suddenly someone knocked on the door and i got a shock hahaha. turned out to be leah and it was so good to just chat and catch up with her! made me forget all my frustration and after she left, i just brought my blanket and pillow out and napped on the couch hahaha. spent the time right before sleeping just pondering and i think thats like my favorite thing to do ever. just lying down and pondering about my week, my life, the atonement, my eternal companion, etc hahaha. my emo moments hahaha. i had a long talk with heavenly father too and that was nice hahaha.

other things that happened this past week:
1. staying up on monday night just so i could see lynda and mikel for 20 minutes. lynda's back in texas now and i have no idea when's the next time i'll see her!
2. randomly going to spicy korea for a quick 팥빙수 fix because its so hot in the summer hahaha
 my turn at a 'glowing' shot hahaha
hello kitty posing with the 팥빙수 hehe
we got 참치김밥 too!
look how delicious it is! it was so so so good, esp. with the red bean and the fruits, ooh and the cereal on the top hahaha.
3. hanging out with sora and tyson on friday night.

we had dinner at cafe rio and it just brought back so many memories because the first night i met tyson, we had dinner at cafe rio and it was with liz and yongjin too hahaha. and then we came back to my place and these two sweet people went and got frozen yogurt since we didn't get the chance to celebrate my birthday together. after which, we sat around and chatted about our plans for next summer in korea. going to 해운대 in 부산 and then going to visit 용진오빠 in 경주, etc. so exciting! and then we watched 말아톤 and i can't stop laughing about the 'whisper~' hahaha!

we have a state holiday tmr yay! sam and i bought some huge sparklers and so im excited to try it.
other than that, im just going to be working on getting really ahead with homework so that next weekend i can hang out with my yellow monster and with sister alice wu and her family who will be in town :)

love, char

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahah oh man i just realized i haven't looked at your blog in forever! i missed so many posts. I'll work on commenting on them later, but this one with the "dingsi ta" and the picture from tim's house (so many memories of that meeting....) just killed me! i love you! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha yes where have you been! but im glad you're all caught up with my life now ;)
    and oh the mission memories. they NEVER get old!
    love you so much too!

    ReplyDelete