Saturday, December 31, 2016

十二月;

it's the last day of 2016 and i'm kind of still in denial that 2017 is just hours away.
it's terrifying how the months and then the years go by so quickly.
each year i'm supposedly supposed to be getting better at this adulting thing but honestly, each year, it's not any different. 
I read a piece titled New Beginnings by Lang Leav recently that summed everything up perfectly, 
"if I have learned anything this year, it is that I won't ever be ready for what life throws at me. I won't have the right words when it counts, I won't know what to choose when fate itself is tearing me down. But now I know I don't always need to have the right answer.

I've learned I can go on waiting for something, sustained by hope and nothing more--or I can put it aside and shrug my shoulders. Bravely accept the fact that I can't keep my heart safe, any more than I can stop love from taking everything from me.

I have learned to stop saying yes when I don't mean it--to live as authentically as I know how. To allow the tips of my fingers to skirt the darkness, as long as I remember to keep my eyes fixed on the light. And as one door opens and another closes, I will move forward with the knowledge that unlike so many others, I have another year ahead of me--another shot at making it all the way around the sun, and a chance to get it right this time around."

I seriously haven't even put much thought into my goals for the new year but one thing's for sure, I want to have a good attitude going into the new year.
when 2016 started, I started with a very mediocre attitude because I felt like if I didn't have high hopes for the year, that I wouldn't be disappointed.
but that just made me live each day in a mediocre manner and I didn't really try to live each day fully. 
in 2017, I hope to live each day to the fullest and to not be afraid to try. 

that being said, 2016 has still been filled with some great moments even if all my friends moved away and I had to say goodbye so many times haha.
cut my hair short - the first time since I was a little girl. and i'm loving the shorter hair!
visited zion national park for the first time even though I've lived in Utah for so many years
went to harry potter world! 
and had butter beer!
finally had our family photos updated
mastered the art of making curry puffs
had a semi-surprise birthday party for once in many years haha
went on many random hiking adventures
developing a love for 水煮鱼 and having these constants in my life to go get our fix at least once a month 
first trip with cheryl!
finally a holiday card theme that I cared about - although I wasn't super happy about being placed in hufflepuff hahaha
birth of another chubster to play with! baby tate!
started painting 
started reading again and this book is definitely one of my favorites. it really explored life and what it really means. I highly recommend it!

so there you go, just a few highlights from the year.
work continues to be busy and I've been so fortunate cause I received a promotion this year and I feel like I've had lots of opportunities to try many different things and grow in my career so it's been a particularly good year career wise.
I started the year kind of in a slump in terms of where I was at in my career path and definitely got out of it so it's been great and I'm loving it.
I've also been on vacation since Dec. 22 and don't go back to the office until Jan. 3rd so it's been an amazing break (even though I've been sick).
december has been pretty good (besides being sick and the weather getting colder and colder).
lights on temple square 
went to see the lights with some friends at the beginning of december 
how we eat at tea bar - open the bags and attack hahaha
finally video chatted with branon after like 6 months. i'm a bad friend haha
baked for the first time in a long time - holiday cookies 
rocked the harry potter trivia at the holiday party
hotpot with jennifer! 
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
we got these dolls custom made for my parents for christmas and my mother's initial reactions were "cute!" and then she was like, "did you get these custom made? the outfit looks like my clothes." we were like 헐...
had the yummiest korean bbq at hobak bbq in vegas! 
rice pop mango ice cream with red bean and misugaru in it! so good!
cirque du soleil mystere at treasure island 
us before the show started 
and then I came back to this horror sigh. it took me forever to scrape all the snow off my car sigh.  

and there you go, december all done and i actually managed to blog about every month this year.
hopefully I keep it up next year haha. 
well, goodbye 2016 and HELLO 2017!

xoxo,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment